[NTLK] What's behind the 2000 screen?

Noah Leon moosefuel at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 31 13:43:34 EDT 2010

Thanks Neal,

I would love to replace the backlight, but since I'm a little strapped for cash at the moment (have bills to pay and none left for my hobby), I was wondering about a DIY sort-of replacement for the green back of the screen. I was hoping that someone could tell me what the construction of the MP2000 is before I follow the take-apart directions. pda-soft lists the construction of the MP130 screen and backlight combo, and I assume that I could, based on the backlight instructions for the 2000 probably try and see about changing the lcd background, I was just hoping someone could tell me if it would be worth it or whether I could even be successful at doing something like that.

Part of it is that I quite like the Kindle's "paper" display, and I wonder if the MP2000 could be made to more closely resemble that. I wouldn't mind losing the backlight in favour of a higher-contrast screen. I don't want a Kindle, since one of my favourite features on the Newt is the HWR and general library of apps and general fun of using it, but a newton that's almost as easy to read would be nice.

noah