[NTLK] 1.2 OS Extras Tray

Matej Horvat redjazz_slo at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 13:19:23 EDT 2010

> I know this exists, but I'm having a hard time finding it. What can I use to
> see more applications and selections in the Extras tray? I have Eidetics
> Shortcuts bar installed and I could use that. Is there something better?
> Thanks!

There are many utilities like this available. My favorite is NewtCase:

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/utilites/NewtCase1.2

It not only allows you to see all packages, but also archive them, which is like freezing on OS 2.0; it removes the package from heap, making more heap available for other packages and speeds up the system. You can then unarchive them at any time. It takes a few seconds to archive/unarchive a package, but it's worth it. Really useful.

Then there's the "GM15.PKG" package which simulates the Magic Cap desktop and also allows you to see all packages, though unlike NewtCase, it only lets you see those which have an icon in the Extras drawer (which is what you're looking for). Other than that it's just a cute little launcher.

-Matej Horvat