[NTLK] point of sale

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Tue May 11 12:38:48 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Anthony Vernier
<avernier at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Well group, I'm trying to find a point of sale or cash register application for either the Newton 2000 or Emate. I've looked on UNNA but other than accounting apps, which might work does anyone know of such an app?

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with any. One could certainly use
PocketMoney <http://www.catamount.com/NewtonApps/PocketMoney3.html> to
get the job done and some features like "Splits" might make aspects of
it easier. The glaring features missing from PocketMoney are,
obviously, the following:

- Multiple line items (possible simulated w/Splits?)
- Tax, shipping, etc. charges (easily handled w/Splits)
- Auto calculation of invoice/order subtotal & total
- Applying different types and amounts of payments

Since PocketMoney has an API
<http://www.catamount.com/NewtonApps/PM-FPS.html>, one could write a
Point-of-Sale app that uses PocketMoney for the accounting back-end
and keeps a record of individual invoices/orders. Although, I'm not
sure how much interest there is for such a development.

Morgan
---
http://www.makkintosshu.com/
http://slottedpig.info/