[NTLK] [OT] Apple's view on Eastern Europe

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sun May 9 22:40:15 EDT 2010

My personal perspective, having lived the past 12 years in Poland and
dealing with various online commerce sites and banks is this. For most
online commerce sites based in the US, Eastern Europe=Russia. And
Russia (IMO quite rightly) equals phishing and piracy. Granted, music
and movie piracy in all of the ex-Soviet-block countries have problems
with piracy, this does not mean that people wantcto willy-nilly pirate
music and videos. Everybody I know who downloads also spends a lot of
money buying and the all would love to spend their money on iTunes
music or other easy method. In fact, also IMO, the best thing for the
producers to do is to get legal means in place ASAP to help battle
piracy! But look, the US government still thinks every Pole wants to
emigrate to the US and work illegally, though that stopped being true
nearly a decade ago!