[NTLK] Programming to get Graphics

Doug Denby ddenby at rogers.com
Tue Mar 30 20:50:45 EDT 2010

Playing around with NS_Basic to transfer soup information to a Mac OSX10.6.2 via Keyspan. Got the basics working but I am having a devil of a time trying to find a way to get picture information to send to the Mac. Yes, I have read and consult the magician's tools: (Programmer's Guide, Programmer's Reference and Script Program Language). But, it is a little muddy.

Let theRecord:= getStores()[theStore]:getSoup(theSoup):query(theQuery):move(theEntry)

The above code gets me the frame of an entry but alias and such are not displayed. Manipulation of the slots will get me a frame showing an Icon but I can not for the life of me figure out how to get what it referenced by the Icon. I want to send it via serial to the Mac where I will reassemble it into an appropriate graphic. I hope.

Any help out there?

Doug