[NTLK] Enabling serial channel 3 on newton interconnect port

DPROLDAN at telefonica.net DPROLDAN at telefonica.net
Fri Mar 26 06:16:46 EDT 2010

Hi

 When you set the option for the kCMOSerialHWChipLoc,  you are telling the newton which channel to use.

 Once you have the 1st serial port working,  substitute the kHWLocExternalSerial constant with kHWLocBuiltInModem.

local option := {
type: 'option,
label: kCMOSerialHWChipLoc,
opCode: opSetRequired,
form: 'template,
result: nil,//
data : {
arglist: [
kHWLocExternalSerial,                                <----  change this to kHWLocBuiltInModem  or  "mdem"  (with quotes)
0
],
typelist: [
'struct,.....

  This is explained in pages 21-4 and 21-5 of the programmers referenceOS2.0.

  Remember that this port uses TTL levels on the interconnect and the internal connector,  if you want to communicate with another computer,  you'll have to use a TTL-RS232 level shifter.

  Hope this helps

Daniel