[NTLK] OT: OpenSTEP / NeXTSTEP

Ryan newtontalk at me.com
Mon Mar 22 01:14:06 EDT 2010

Hi:

I looked back in the NTLK archives, little bit of action on these operating systems, but not much.  I saw how someone wanted to write a program to get the Newton syncing with a NeXT machine, etc.

Anyway, this is a bit OT.  I finally, after a long time of pondering doing it, got OpenSTEP 4.2 up and running through emulation software on my Mac Mini.

It took a lot of digging around to get things working, and trial and error, but it works.  What I am wondering is if anyone has used these operating systems, and/or if you are emulating them.  I want to get color going and increase the resolution.

At any rate, it is very interesting to be using OpenSTEP because it is the germ of OS X.

Thank you,

Ryan