[NTLK] 2010 thanks and a quick question...

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 13:32:58 EDT 2010

~~~ On 2010/03/14 03:44, Jack Jenkins at jackmjenkins at gmail.com wrote ~~~

> Christian,
>
> It wasn't you, it was my unclear writing (I, too, blame Saturdays).  I meant
> that I wrote a paper in RESPONSE to the article.  Basically, I used the
> article as a real-world example of the debate between Clifford Geertz and Tala
> Asad about what "defines" religion.
>
> In short, I called the article problematic  It was coincidental (seriously, I
> promise) that I had just acquired a Newton a week before reading the article.
> I only saw the article because a guy sitting in front of me during lecture was
> reading it on his laptop.  I leaned over, asked what it was about, and proudly
> showed him my MP 130.  He was weirded out for a second, and then, naturally,
> was spellbound by the handwriting recognition.
>
> Anyway, I was just curious as to what you all thought about the ORIGINAL
> article...
>
> Thanks for asking!
>
> - Jack

Jack

I've got that article knocking around on a drive -- it happens to be a topic
of interest to me so I grabbed it as soon as I saw it.  I may even have some
notes I made at the time in response.   I'll refresh my memory, and see if I
can say something sensible about it.   We can hope.  ;-)

Now excuse me, I have to top up the incense burner in front of my Newtons...

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4