[NTLK] Who here thinks the iPad is a worthy replacement for the Newton?

D. R. mrramsay at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 13 22:21:25 EST 2010

Personally, my biggest thing is portability. The iPad, in all it's "wonder", is just too big to me. While one can (and will continue to) say: "It's pretty much an oversized iPhone/iPod Touch", I'm with G Y, I love the HWR on the Newton. By the time I started using a MP2100, the delayed ink-to-text option worked great because Newton's handwriting intelligence kicked in well. Rarely was I having to correct what I was writing! I still love my Newton MP 2100 and would like to (re) incorporate it into my daily movement (hoping for it to co-exist happily with my Blackberry and iPod Touch). For anyone interested, I wrote an article on the iPad vs iPod Touch as a time management tool. I give a beloved nod to the Newton.Thanks for this community....it's great!"Keep The Green"DougThough probably inpractical at this point but if the iPad was the size of the MP2100 (or even slightly bigger), it would be much more of a sale for me (even as an iPod Touch owner). On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:14:37, G Y <gyounk at mac512.com> wrote:>I do even though the iPad does not have handwriting recognition. This is the main feature of the Newton MessagePad series I loved, >especially the delayed ink into text later option.