[NTLK] A few basic questions from a new disciple...

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 19:47:59 EST 2010

Welcome to Newton talk.
The 130 is a very nice newton with a form factor preferred by many.
There is a 2010 problem and at this the only solution for yo0u is to
choose a year that has a similar pattern to 2010.  I seem to recall
that there are a couple 1993 seems to come to mind.

The connection cable is the Mac serial printer cable.  Best USB/Serial
adapter is probably the Keyspan usa28.  another good option is the
Keyspan  usa 19 but you will need PC to Mac serial adapter.  Read
recent archives.  IRDA is not truly viable though there drivers that
will allow installing packages.

Look for Prefs.

Wikiwikinewt is currently down and I am having no luck with wayback
machine.

I believe Ryan Vetter is hosting another wiki but at the moment I
can't find it.

Enjoy

woody