[NTLK] OT: Nintendo DS as wifi scanner (was: Re: Public WiFi)

Matt Howe matthowe at comcast.net
Mon Mar 1 23:29:23 EST 2010

The browser cart and memory expansion are still in stock and available from
Nintendo's web site. And the price is lower than most of the EBay "rare"
sales. I have never used the opera browser on the DS but I am thinking of
buying it just for the memory expansion. Then I can play Quake II on my DS.
But I digress. The real strength in the wifi on the DS is as a wifi scanner.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt at Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe at comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com

<snip>
If you happen to be trying to locate a DS browser cart I'm not sure how easy
it will be since I read it was only on sale in north america for a few
months (years ago) thanks to its sub par performance, remember if buying one
used that it does require the extra memory gba expansion cart it originally
came with (of which there's two versions, ds orginal and ds lite).
<snip>