[NTLK] [ANN] Y2010 + Y2008 fix for 2x00US Newtons

Don Zahniser dzahniser at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jul 17 00:55:08 EDT 2010

On Jul 16, 2010, at 2:57 PM, Morgan Aldridge wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Eckhart Koeppen <lists at 40hz.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> There is still one potential issue with Adam Tow's Alarm Clock
>> app, but I think that it might be a generic Y2010 issue, and not
>> related to the fix of the 2008 reset.
>
> Hmm, I use Adam Tow's Alarm Clock every day on my MessagePad 2100
> (w/Patch 71J059), but haven't noticed any issues. Do you mind
> describing the issue? Maybe it's some bit of functionality I don't
> use.

This was my issue.  I had had a hard reset and a couple of reboots
with 'dead battery' messages when I had alarms set in Alarm Clock.
Although my batteries were low, they had not yet gotten so low to
give the 'change battery' message.  However, since changing them out,
I have gotten no more errors.  It may have been the batteries (a set
of NIMHs that are possibly up to 10 years old) or maybe some contact
problem.

At any rate, it appears for now that the symptoms went away with
fresh batteries, so the patch is most likely not related to the issue
I had.

  - Don

--
Don Zahniser