[NTLK] Taking notes on a 2100

microssg at comcast.net microssg at comcast.net
Fri Jul 16 12:24:44 EDT 2010

Chris,

How many trainings have you completed?
I think I spent around 20 hours going thru the Newton based trainings before "our" relationship started to go North of 95%.
>From that point I started using the MP2100 to take all notes in my BS-ISM degree exclusively (1998-2002).

I take note of words that I have errors with and try to make sure I correct them by tapping and selecting if present the correct version, if not present then take the time to select the correct letter(s) to make the word correct. I also continue to train "us" by using the handwriting training app. I key in on words that I get wrong by doing them over and over until I get a 90%+.

This does take time, but now I can not out run my MessagePad.

Note of interest: you can write in landscape mode and when you get to the bottom of the screen jump back to the top and just continue. Your MP will correctly track the order of your notes.

I hope this adds some insight to the investment needed to make the Handwriting Recognition Software "match/learn" your style of printing/writing. The investment is well worth it.

Paul Curtis
Sent from My iPad