[NTLK] Connection Stopped- No Response

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Mon Feb 8 13:08:46 EST 2010

 Amy:

To echo Woody's comments--yes, cables go bad from misuse...or, they weren't made to last in the first place.

If you have a nearby Apple store or third-party retailer of Apple products (these latter were mostly "mom & pop"-type stores that sold Apple stuff before the official "Apple Stores" opened, you could get the cable there. The main thing is--you get up and running with NCX between your Mac and the eMate. Once that happens, if you've gotten a new cable you could now substitute the suspect one, and see if it works...if not, trash it.

Failing all that--you might also check and see if there's a Mac Users' Group in or near your area...if you can contact its President (or a member he or she designates), you can often meet up with them and they can verify if your cable is any good...and probably sell you a known good working (used) one for not much $$.

Thanks,
--Forrest

On Monday, February 08, 2010, at 10:04AM, "Woody Smith" <woodysmith at comcast.net> wrote:
>I thought all apple serial cable were the same. Others will correct me
>if wrong.
>
>I have found defective ones.
>
>See <http://store.ktusasys.com/apcamdg6ft.html> for what seems to be a
>good price.
>
>I usually go to my local used mac /pc computer store and pay about $10.

<snip>