[NTLK] Connection Stopped- No Response

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Wed Feb 3 03:55:27 EST 2010

 HI Amy:

I'm not clear on all of what you mean by "changed the network settings"--did you change the iMac's settings to 9600? It's easy...go into your Applications folder, find Utilities, double-click on "Terminal" (like DOS), and enter these commands EXACTLY as you see them:

defaults write com.newton.connection BaudRate -int 9600

then hit RETURN (Enter).

See how that works. BTW, you might investigate 115,200 kbps as a transfer speed option, once you're able to connect to the iMac. I don't have an eMate, but perhaps the "115200 package" found on UNNA would work for it as well as an MP2100 (I do have have a couple of those). It will GREATLY enhance your transfer speed...once the package is installed you'd enter the same as above on your iMac, substituting 115,200 for 9600...(obviously).

Hope that helps,

--Forrest