[NTLK] Followup: Fonts for www.pda-soft.de

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 19:53:30 EST 2010

~~~ On 2010/12/17 18:54, J.M. Heinrichs at minicapt1 at mac.com wrote ~~~

> Times, no italic. Everyone has it, and it is economical.

> And pay no heed to those with Georgia on their minds.

What?!  You brush aside both Ray Charles AND the Beatles in one short
sentence, and expect to go unchallenged?  I think not!   A duel!  Peace
signs at dawn!   :-)

Seriously, although I'm usually no fan of Comic Sans Serif, in this case I
think it looks good.  I have to admit that before I saw your page in the
Comic font I would've been inclined to recommend Verdana or Geneva.  Now,
I'd leave it open.  Another surprise for me is that the brown works too.

I share Heinrichs' point about New Times Roman being pretty much the
universal font just now, but I reckon Comic is a close second in ubiquity.

As an aside and I hope as an encouragement, I find that although I've
resisted the temptation so far to own an eMate, your page has left me with a
strange urge to get one and then take it apart and do the hinge fix!  Now I
know full well what an idiotic idea that last bit in particular is, and I
intend to resist that urge, but there you have it.  At the very least I'd
like to watch it being done.  Part of that urge is attributable to my
long-standing love of taking things apart and fixing them, but part is
attributable to the fact that you've created an interesting, clear and
well-written page.  I enjoyed reading it, and I interacted with what I read.
Well done.

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke