[NTLK] Battery Corrosion 2100

anasazi4st newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 8 17:20:39 EST 2010

-----Original Message-----
>From: "J.M. Heinrichs" <minicapt1 at mac.com>
>Sent: Dec 8, 2010 2:58 PM
>To: newtontalk at newtontalk.net, tech_ed at yahoo.com
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Battery Corrosion 2100
>
>It's Christmas time:
>1. Buy her the chocolates,
>2. Keep the tray.

I use an old metal muffin (or cupcake) tray, made from heavier gauge aluminum...it's nice and heavy and not as likely to spill. Which is why it might be best to avoid plastic types. The first time you spill the screws and parts into deep carpeting and spend an hour with a magnet (which doesn't work with brass screws) and a small hand vacuum (that you empty periodically, sifting through the dirt by hand), you'll not allow that to happen again. I speak from experience...also, the order that the screws were removed is forever lost.

Thanks,
--Forrest

--Sent from one of the few non-SSL email servers left--EarthLink