[NTLK] Battery Corrosion 2100

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 13:15:37 EST 2010

~~~ On 2010/12/08 17:50, Jonathan Schalliol at jon at schalliol.com wrote ~~~

> Well, my AAs seem to have corroded inside my 2100 and I can't figure out how
> to get them out to remove the corrosion. It is basically sealed up.  Does
> anyone have ideas?  Thanks!

Jonathan,

You need to get right into your Newton to rescue it from these batteries.

So, run do not walk to <http://www.pda-soft.de> and go to his instructions
for taking apart the 2100.  Follow the instructions *exactly*, make sure you
keep track of all screws (e.g., make up a piece of paper with boxes drawn
out labelling each set of screws, or better yet, use a small plastic tub of
some kind to hold them safely, again labelling what's what).  Study the
pictures, including the blow-ups.  Take your time and follow through.  Once
you're in there you can remove the battery pack and clean things thoroughly.

Your Newton will thank you with renewed service, and the earth will resume
its natural path around the sun once more!   B-)

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4