[NTLK] Excited about using my 2100 again

Roger Brown ribcands at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 11:06:26 EDT 2010

Background first:  I began using my 2100 with ACT for Newton and my
desktop using OS 8 or something.  I do not have a good memory for
details so I hand wrote under notes of my ACT contact in my 2100 at
the time my thoughts and details, then was able to update my desktop
with the notes for each contact of the day.  Everything was just
perfect for a couple of years until I upgraded my OS to 9.2.  Act did
not support that and was I ever lost.  Enter Palm and Now Up To
Date.  I never could use the Palm phone as a contact manager like I
did my 2100.  Present time:  My son ran up a $3200.00 phone bill so I
no longer use my Palm Centro.  In January I sent to Ron Parker
several flash memory cards to correct the 2010 issue(THANKS Ron!).
Since I am dumber than a sack full of hammers, I was afraid to try to
install the patch until this weekend.  Wonder of wonder it works!  I
tried it on my least loved 2100 of 3 incase I screwed it up.  Now
what do I do?  I showed my new wife how wonderful the handwriting
recognition works in ACT contacts but I can only use ACT on a very
old laptop.  I am not going to go to a Palm Centro again after my my
new reunion with my 2100.  NOTHING is this wonderful!  Does anyone
have any knowledge of a contact managing program that can run on a
Newt 2100 and OS10.3 or later?  This is a wonderful community and I
follow the list frequently.  Thanks to everyone for keeping the Newt
alive and well.
Roger Brown from Backwoods USA