[NTLK] Software with new Newton Manual

Forrest anasazi4st at me.com
Fri Aug 27 04:45:15 EDT 2010

On Aug 27, 2010, at 01:29 AM, David Neale <david.neale at telenet.be> wrote:

<snip>

With no replies to my original posting, below, I decided to try a Web
search for "Newton Essential Collection" using Google. The only result
was an collection of Olivia Newton John recordings on CD!

Does the collection of software referred to in Ryan's new Newton
Manual not exist?

David:

Have you seen Ryan's original email? Here it is....

"Hello:

I decided to release this for free. I also have a book that is coming out but that is not so much about the Newton.

This is version 1. The manual contains information that people would need to consult in order to set up and run a Newton device. I tried uploading to UNNA but didn't seem to work. It focuses on OS X and Classic Mac.

Suggestions and additions can be sent to me for incorporation into future versions. If you are to forward suggestions, please cite the page number. Also, if you have written some instructions of your own that you want incorporated, when forwarding those to me, please forward complete, edited versions.

I think it seems more safe and practical to have a PDF manual than just relying on the web. We're seeing some database problems with newtonknowledge right now, that's an example of how information can be blocked when technical issues arise.

So again, I encourage users to forward me write ups so this manual can grow and get better.

Here is the download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AHDZ2O0M [NOTE: This link doesn't work! --Forrest]

Thank you,

Ryan"