[NTLK] New Newton Manual Released

Forrest anasazi4st at me.com
Fri Aug 20 15:08:14 EDT 2010

On Aug 20, 2010, at 10:51 AM, Ryan <newtontalk at me.com> wrote:

<snip>

Not sure I see the contradiction. Here is the sentence again:

"Some advice... rebuilding Newton battery packs, other than the eMate, can be a bit tricky."

The instructions were for the eMate. This sentence... I stated that if you are rebuilding for other Newtons, that can be a bit tricky. This I know from doing it and getting feedback from someone who does it frequently.

The typos... well, looks like you just volunteered to edit the next version...

Take it easy.

Ryan:
The contradiction is where you at first say, about doing a recell, "It is a simple matter of reverse engineering, and is really quite easy once you have taken one apart."...then, "Some advice... rebuilding Newton battery packs, other than the eMate, can be a bit tricky." Are you talking about the eMate in the first sentence...or an MP2x00?

Anyway...as I said, IMHO I thought you did a great job and wrote something that we've been needing for some time...you have my respect for going to all the trouble of providing software for "newbies" (and even some of us veteran users finding new things to try out and use). I think it's a valuable reference source that I know I'll be referring to for some time....

And I'll be happy to edit/proofread the next edition for you. =).

Thanks,
Forrest