[NTLK] Stuck Newton 2000 Battery Tray

Sonny Hung sonnyhung at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 08:46:28 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Jonathan Kamel <kameljonathan at gmail.com>wrote:

> The release latch on the side of the Newton moves freely, yet the battery
> tray door does not cone out of the device at all. It seems to be stuck. Are
> there any suggestions on how to go about and solve such a dilemma of the
> stuck battery compartment, like prying it open with a flathead screwdriver?

Yeah, just as Matthias said - No to the flathead screw driver :P
Seriously...

Hold the MP2000 with one hand using your index finger to hold the release
latch in the open position. Tap the MP2000 onto the heel of your opposite
open hand so the Battery Tray will fall into your open hand. It may take a
little force. If too stuck you may need to do this much more vigorously. If
this fails you might try removing the screws to the back case cover along
the bottom and try again.

The issue might be that the case is screwed down to tight or that the
Negative Contact on the far inside of the MP2000 Battery Compartment is weak
since it the release spring also.

If all else fails, remove the back case cover. Then loosen the corner screw
which holds the battery compartment back cover down and also secures the
Negative Contact/Spring. This should provide enough space for the Battery
Tray to eject.

By your description I'm assuming it's a Battery Tray, can you confirm this
is the Battery Tray or possibly a Rechargeable Pack that's stuck? Just
making sure.

Sonny