[NTLK] Survey on opening images in new browser windows

Dennis B. Swaney romad at aol.com
Sat Aug 14 20:57:00 EDT 2010

On 14/08/10 16:43PDT, Michael J. Hußmann wrote:
> Dennis B. Swaney (romad at aol.com) wrote:
>
>> 1. Add a 3rd option to the poll:
>> Please open high resolution images in a new tab. (This is what I'd prefer.)
>
> That is actually a browser preference so it's your choice; I don't think
> there is a way for the web designer to enforce opening a new tab. (I
> have configured both Safari and Firefox to open a new tab rather than a
> new window.)

Hmm, mine is set to open in Tabs but opens a new window. Let me try
something here. OK, got it fixed. I disabled and then re-enabled open in
Tabs and it works now. Must have been a little corrosion there.

>> 2. Have you considered using HTML 5 as opposed to HTML 4.01?
>
> Why should he? This is about the use of the target attribute that
> doesn't even exist in HTML 5.

If I understand his aims it doesn't matter. He wants to follow html
standards exactly, so my question is why not follow the html 5 standards
that will replace the html 4.x standards.

Though I'll admit that I don't know if iCab currently gives "approval"
smiles for html 5 pages.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney