[NTLK] OT: Pics of the new iPhone

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Wed Apr 21 12:00:14 EDT 2010

<snip>
>Maybe those closer to the industry can explain this behavior to me.

I don't profess to be any sort of "Apple Insider"...but might I suggest you check out "Welcome to Macintosh" and "MacHEADS" on CNBC. Their website shows an air date of May 2...check the listing for local times.

These two shows were on CNBC in January I believe...they're both very good. I was expecting to see a history of Apple for the first one...you get a condensed version of tht in about the first 5 minutes, then the rest is about, well, the Macintosh' introduction in 1984...and on from there to the iPhone.

The second one has exactly what you're saying, Russ...there's scores of interviews with both former and present members of Apple's User Groups and others discussing the past and how Apple has changed, both philosophically and as a company.

The old company was admired for watching out for its users and followers...but it almost went under. The new company has enough cash to buy its own small country...it's lean and also admired, but for different reasons. It would be nice to have both in one place....

Thanks,
--Forrest