[NTLK] O.T. AppleWorks vs. iWork

Bob Carls Dudney kosmicdollop at saber.net
Mon Apr 19 21:07:44 EDT 2010

On 18/4/10, Dennis B. Swaney wrote:

>>On 18/04/10 06:03PDT, Bob Carls Dudney wrote:
>>
>>iWorks is better than AppleWorks in many ways.
>
>I have to disagree. AW is much better than iWork for the following reasons...

Oops, that did sound like a generalization, and that's not at all
what I meant. I was just referring to features in iWork not present
in AppleWorks, and less bugginess, in my very limited experience --
It was a fairly lame attempt at being fair and balanced.

As a pen computing zealot who compromises on keyboards and hates
mice/trackpads, I particularly resent so few keyboard shortcuts in
iWork.

>not able to use iWork applications easily; always a struggle to
>figure out how to do something

Once I finally succumbed to mousing around the inspector window I
began to appreciate all the options and choices iWork offers.
Certainly a steep learning curve, as the saying goes, but lots o'
power hidden under the hood = buried in the window.

It's a poor interface to my preferences, but it's better than
RagTime, what I resorted to for doing things AppleWorks didn't
support, or I couldn't get to work.

How I/we pine for the the murdered promise of Newton OS... And how
appropriately so.

<Sigh...>