[NTLK] (no subject)

Tony Kan tonykan at xtra.co.nz
Mon Apr 19 19:39:35 EDT 2010

Hi James

The fix you're trying to do is for Newton Connection Kit (NCK) the predecessor
to Newton Connection Utilities (NCU).

AFAIR NCK was for NOS 1.x devices, NCU was for NOS 2.x devices (i.e. eMates).
NCU doesn't need the system.ini to be modified to work on XP.  If anyone knows
different feel free to chime in.

Another way is to have Win98 or Win2000 operating in something like MS Virtual
PC on your XP machine.  Then you shouldn't need to use Slowdown or anything to
make NCU connect reliably over a serial cable.

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
I have the serial cable but without the install it doesn't matter much. Is there
a step I'm missing or is there a better way to do this, without this program or
cable, maybe with a PCMCIA adapter of some sort?

Thanks for your time and any help is greatly appreciated.
[snip]