[NTLK] OT: iPad vs. MS Courier: Sound Off

Ryan newtontalk at me.com
Wed Apr 7 18:05:36 EDT 2010

Steve:

This is all great...

Most of us I would think read textbooks on a desk.  For books of the smaller kind, Kindles and Sony eReaders have pretty good utility.

As for uses of the iPad.  I don't think you will see too many of them out in the field.  The reason is that they aren't robust enough.  We need toughbooks for that.

Which leads me to something: why aren't computers/tablets waterproof?  All these years and there has not been much evolution in that space, even though Apple has layered rubber in their stuff to make them water resistant.

Thank you,

Ryan