[NTLK] IT HAS ARRIVED!

Gene Beaird bgbeaird at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 5 15:58:43 EDT 2010

Forrest,

As others have mentioned, it's really sort of a iPhone/iTouch v.1.2,
with the biggest difference being the screen size.  That said, it does
require that the apps be written to support the bigger, better
resolution screen of the iPad.  With apps written for the iPad screen,
there will, no doubt be new apps that grow out of the iPad
'experience', perhaps, even the 'killer app' that all the talking
heads say is missing from the machine.  I still haven't touched one,
and am holding my opinion on the thing until I do, but it may be
something that I'll find useful once I get my paws on one.

As for the phone.  We were in the same boat when the first iPhone came
out.  We were under contract to another company, and when our contract
ended, the 3G had just come out, so we got the advantage of an OS and
hardware boost by waiting.  You'll no doubt be able to take advantage
of at least a hardware refresh by the time your phone contract is up,
I bet it's worth the wait.

Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas