[NTLK] OT: Mossberg gives thumbs up to iPad

Ryan newtontalk at me.com
Fri Apr 2 17:29:20 EDT 2010

The point about shakey video relates to video conferencing on things
like Skype.  But also, most people would not use the iPad as a camera
to take pictures of things, or a video recorder to record video. It's
the wrong form factor.

So looking at this, a camera does not appear to be a good fit for the
iPad, except those times when it's docked for video conferencing. It's
a better fit on the iPhone or their laptops and desktops.

This is why criticisms of no camera are sort of moot for me. I
wouldn't say no to a camera, but it's clear the platform is not very
compatible with a one.

Thank you,

Ryan
Sent from Mobile