Re: [NTLK] My new serial cable

From: Jeremy O'Brien <obrien654j_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Sep 29 2009 - 08:14:08 EDT

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:26:38AM +0300, Valerio Paris Mitritsakis wrote:
> Well PL2303 is actually a prolific serial to USB chipset, that's what
> I use on my MacBook Pro....

Apparently I installed the wrong driver (prolific). The chip I have is a
CH340 or HL340 chipset, and from what I have read, it has no driver
available on OS X. Just my effing luck. I tried the same cable in a
windows VM with the correct driver, with Newton Connection Utilities,
and it connected, but whenever I tried to export my Works documents, it
got a "communication error (-1)". Is NCU still the preferred way to get
documents off the newt in Windows?