Re: [NTLK] [Poll] Newton College Users

From: <rhonda_at_write-on.org>
Date: Wed Sep 23 2009 - 20:59:01 EDT

If I remember correctly, at the time I was primarily using sloup (on
the newt) and newtonlink (on my linux desktop) via serial, but I'm
pretty sure plain NCU in classic also worked. Just a normal notes
export. I haven't had reason to test with NCX yet but as it talks with
Dock on the newton, it should work the same as NCU.

The trick was, TextEdit - nominally an rtf editor - would make it seem
like the drawings hadn't exported - you had to open it in a word
processor that understood embedded images in .rtf files (not .rtfd
packages!) MS Word and (Open|Neo)Office Writer both work for this. I
haven't tested Pages though I have heard from other sources that its
rtf support is abysmal.

And I just dug up some of my old notes, and sure enough NeoOffice opens
them with no issues; sketch, shapes, text, and ink text all appear
where they should in relation to one another.

-Rhonda