Re: [NTLK] No iNewton announced today

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri Sep 11 2009 - 03:50:37 EDT

First off, all of these "flaws" you point out are just strawmen. And it's ironic that they are coming from a former Newton user and Newton Talk list member.

Let's look at it. My MacBook pro is always sliding off my lap. Two, you have to carry books, laptops, etc. And hold things like books, phones, ereaders...

All of those things apply to other devices... But what is really happening here is that you fail to understand the reasons why there is a market for a multi-touch tablet. Couple reasons whyy there is now a market where there reallly was not one before: 1. People have been indoctrinated into mobile/multi touch computers. 2. Because of the information age, people are reading more and more, and will clump their "inputless" time together for an hour or two each day. Tablets are the platform for that, not laptops. There is much more to discuss about this, but space does not permit.

And the iPhone not a market leader? They have sold over 30 million of them, making it one of the most successful cell phones ever.