Re: [NTLK] [OT] It's MS-DOS 6.22 day!

From: Josef Chessor <josefcub_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Sep 08 2009 - 10:43:59 EDT

Christian,

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Lord Groundhog<lordgroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:

> Funny you should say that, Josef.  Mine had just been damaged by a surge
> from the local power station.
>
> Or was he attempting an ironic statement about duh-MeSs-DOS 6.22?  :-)
>

> Shalom.
> Christian

I actually speak from experience. A long time ago, my 286 was struck
by lightning. It sort of survived, but spat out gibberish like that
mail burp instead of useful things like my DOS prompt. This taught
the young me the value of surge suppressors or (even better)
unplugging during thunderstorms. :)

Josef

--
"I laugh because I dare not cry.  This is a crazy world
 and the only way to enjoy it is to treat it as a joke."