Re: [NTLK] Questions from a newbie

From: M. Horvat <redjazz_slo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Oct 11 2009 - 02:45:00 EDT

> It came with power cord. I do not know what built in
> adapter or newton
> interconnect part means...

"InterConnect port" is the connector on the top of the unit under the door, beside the adapter jack. It measures about 1 by 0.3 cm.

> There is some port next to where I plug in the power cord,
> don't know
> what kind of port is that.

See, THAT'S the InterConnect port.

> I'll look up these on ebay I guess. What is dongle?

A dongle is a little (about 3 by 1 by 2 cm I think) box that goes into the InterConnect port and allows you to connect a PC/Mac sync cable, keyboard, modem, printer, or barcode scanner to it.

For more information:
http://www.thisoldmac.ca/newtonknowledge/index.php?title=Special:AllPages

For Newton software:
http://www.unna.org/