[NTLK] CNET UK: Newton vs iPhone

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sat Nov 28 09:55:53 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Lloyd Conway <ssg_conway at fastermac.net> wrote:
>      The article was both funny and interesting, especially for me,
> as a Newt Newbie (MP 130 since 7/09).  I have a question:  Does
> anybody know of an e-mail program that works with the MP 130?  E-mail

SimpleMail is about it. I don't know if its replacement (Mail V) will
work on a 130. But worse, you _will_ need a dialup account with the
130. There's no other way to go about it. You will also need a modem
to work with it.

I can't imagine why you can't get an older, serial-equipped Mac to
work with it, though. Do you have NCU installed (not NCK, but
NCU--Newton Connection Utility, not Newton Connection Kit--NCK worked
with older Newtons, running 1.x. NCU is necessary for newer Newts,
running 2.0 or above)? If you have NCU, it should be a no-brainer to
connect.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland