[NTLK] [OT] mobile me users - increase in spam?

L.W. Brown lwb at mac.com
Mon Nov 9 12:51:53 EST 2009

A spammer (a bot, usually) will just about always fake a sender
address - often they will just use an address they have sent spam to
(esp. if it's on the same mail service), assuming it is more likely to
be good and won't be on a block-list: they do not have to have any
access at all to your account. You can't stop that at all, just like
with meat-mail, tho it is automated and massive. Usually they'll
change the sender address after a while to avoid blocking, so this
should stop on its own (the email equivalent of a cold).