[NTLK] NewtonTalk List Instructions?

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Thu Nov 5 17:54:12 EST 2009

On Nov 5, 2009, at 10:18 AM, Griffin, Terence J. wrote:

> Can you please post either instructions or a link to instructions
> for doing admin stuff like unsubscribing and setting vacation?
>

> the List FAQ page only contains a link to a Newton package version
> of the FAQ. My Newton is at home...

Whoops. This has been fixed.

However, please note the FAQ needs to get updated to reflect the
changes to the mailing list operation.

In the meantime, the "Welcome" message that was sent to you should
contain most of the information regarding your new NewtonTalk account.
Otherwise, please review the general information page:

> I read the list via the web archive. On the old system, one could
> not access the archive unless they were a member, i.e. subscribed.

Actually, the web archive was always open to anyone. This is still the
case. I haven't moved the old archives over to the new server yet, but
the current November archive can be found here:

http://lists.newtontalk.net/pipermail/newtontalk/

Once again, I am sorry for all the confusion. I'm just glad we only
have to move the list every seven or eight years.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian

http://splorp.com/newton