[NTLK] Newton Battery Contacts messed up, need help...?

From: Ben Gates <mr.whitehell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu May 28 2009 - 16:23:12 EDT

Hey everyone! I've been on the list for about a year now, this is my
first message. I sort of have a problem with the contact for the
battery on my MP2000, which is preventing me from being able to use
it. The metal contact inside the battery compartment has unhooked
itself from the plastic casing, so the battery pack won't fit in, and
no battery power can be sent into the device. It probably makes more
sense with this picture: http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassembly26large.jpg
. The piece of the contact which passes beneath the spring in the
picture is supposed to be hooked to that ridge of plastic (as it is in
that picture). Somehow, mine got unhooked, so it is in front of the
plastic ridge, obviously causing problems. I tried to open my Newton
using the tutorial attached to that picture (http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html
) but I don't have a screwdriver small enough to get the screws out,
and I was wondering if anyone had a better suggestion as to how I
could get the contact back on track.
Thanks for the help everyone!