Re: [NTLK] Fried 2100 board charging high capacity batteries

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 26 2009 - 10:04:52 EDT

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Dan <dan@dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:
> called a sled, ... battery cage".

Tray, Cage, Sled - all in all it' refers all the to the same thing.
Something that holds the batteries.

> You can modify the battery tray to allow for charging of normal
> NiMh batteries. However it is not easy and you need to have a temperature
> sensor installed (thermisistor also called a poly switch). There
> are detailed instructions somewhere but I am not finding it at the moment.

Well there are several, but here is a link to a photoset of one I made -
there is also a DIY photo at the end.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/sets/72057594079049821/
* I'm sure others can provide the alternate links to instructions if needed.

Also I don't like the idea of taking a chance on frying my 2000 due to a
> charging malfunction.

Always a good idea to be careful and avoid it all together if you want to
protect your Newton but there are those who will want to try this.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung