Re: [NTLK] Fried 2100 board charging high capacity batteries

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 26 2009 - 05:43:06 EDT

~~~ On 2009/05/25 16:44, James Fraser at
wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk@yahoo.com wrote ~~~

> Hello,
>
> --- On Fri, 5/22/09, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ~~~ On 2009/05/22 23:07, Dan at dan@dbdigitalweb.com
>> wrote ~~~
>>
>>> Personally though I just use a sled and swap the
>>> batteries. Only takes a minute to have a full
>>> charge. Can't beat it for speed. ;)
>>
>> I'll bite. Where does one find such a sled, or did
>> you make it yourself? It sounds like something worth getting.
>
> I didn't see a reply to your question, (did I err?) so I'll give it a go:
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/post7j
>
> The above links to an eBay listing for a MessagePad 2000/2100 AA battery tray
> (or "sled," whichever you prefer).
>
> It's not a very exciting piece of hardware, but my own thinking is that the
> eBay seller is offering it at a Very Exciting Price Point. :) Which is why I
> feel obliged to point out that I am not affiliated with the seller, cannot
> vouch for them, and merely offer the link as a quick-and-dirty way of
> familiarising you with the item in question.
>
> If you don't already have one, a WTB post on the list might net you one at a
> much more soothing price.
>

> Best,
>
> James Fraser

Thanks for that James. I did start to wonder if this was something
home-made, and no one else knew anything about it. The thing you've linked
to, I have already.

Because he didn't call it a "tray", I thought Dan meant some kind of
external charger for the rechargeable battery packs: so I could keep
swapping battery packs between my Newts and the charger. Now that would be
something wouldn't it?

I have to admit I only use my battery tray as backup for my rechargeable
packs when travelling. Useful, and it saved me once when I was away from
electricity for an extended period, but for regular use I prefer my
rechargeable packs -- beautifully and expertly re-celled by Frank, of
course! ;-)

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl