Re: [NTLK] 2100 Logic board Transplant . .

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon May 25 2009 - 16:06:49 EDT

On the first 2100 where I assume that you moved logic board from one
with bad digitizer to the 2000.
Check that all connectors are fully inserted.
The wonky display may simply be that the white cable isn't fully seated.

Regarding Jaggies, there has been some speculation that jaggies are
related to software but most cases seem to be hardware.
• Distorted case due to stress from incorrect assembly, distorted
plastic, pressure on case by cards or weather or something.
• Pressure on digitizer by bezel, cleaning will sometimes cure and I
believe Ron Parker has had success with shaving away some of the
material where the latch side touches the screen. (requires full
disassembly)/.
• Poor contact between logic board contacts and digitizer contacts due
to corrosion, misalignment or compacted foam pad.
• Defective digitizer, seems to happen from time to time.

Good luck
Woody