Re: [NTLK] CoolTerm

From: Don Zahniser <dzahniser_at_rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri May 22 2009 - 16:30:30 EDT

On May 22, 2009, at 1:40 PM, David Neale wrote:

> Hello Don,
>
> Please explain what you mean with "Desktop Transport". Is this an
> application that needs to be installed on the MessagePad, or a
> technique?

It's an extension that you install on the Messagepad. It adds a
'Desktop' item to the Routing menu (Envelope icon). In practice, you
need to have a serial connection to your computer, and a utility to
capture text via the serial port on the computer.

I use the Desktop transport to send a variety of text from the Newton
to my Mac. From both Notes and Works Write, it comes across as plain
text. Works spreadsheets come across as tab-delimited text, which
you can import into Excel or OpenOffice/NeoOffice spreadsheets with
just a little work.

--
Don Zahniser