[NTLK] File xfr, Newt to Mac & back

From: Brett Feinblatt <bafein_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed May 20 2009 - 11:35:20 EDT

Hiya -
        I was wondering; I know we generally use the serial port to transfer
files, do updates to/from the Newt, and so forth.
        Here's the thing: I mentioned a while ago that my Newt's getting a
bit slow, and the PC storage card's probably the culprit. As I
expected, the solution is apparently to empty out the card, clear it,
and put everything back on.

        Does anyone know if there's an easier way to do this? What I had in
mind is to just pull the card from the Newt, stick it into an older
Powerbook (which I have) running either OS 9 or OS X, drag everything
off (or alternately use some app to pull it all off the card), wipe
the card clean, then put it all back on again, nice and un-fragmented.

        I realize Newt stuff isn't exactly an area that's heavy with
development, but has anything been put together that would make that
an option? Or alternately, is some clever individual out there just
looking for an excuse to build an app like that in his free time?

Thanks

--
Treat animals like people? Have you seen how we treat people?!?