Re: [NTLK] Newton Saved My "Bacon"

From: Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 05 2009 - 02:09:25 EDT

~~~ On 2009/05/04 22:07, Gregg Aydelotte at graydelotte@bellsouth.net wrote
~~~

> It's nice to have stuff that just works.
>
> Typed on my new to me Pismo,
> G.R. Aydelotte

Oh, yes, Greg, this is one of those things you can do with a Newton: it's
so much easier to keep track of work and data that it's almost painful. But
there it is: on my computer, I play a game to have a fun-break from my
work; on my Newt, I'm having fun while while I'm working.

I was back in the Apple store (yesterday now) and was making some notes in
my 2100. The guy who'd waited on me the last time called over one of the
others, and in no time I had a crowd of 5 staff who just had to see it in
action. One of them has a Newton so of course I've invited him to join us.
I always love that expression when someone watches me writing, and notices
the scrawl change into type. So as the other Newt-user was talking about
his own, and describing the HWR, I wrote a message to the staffer watching
me. His face was a picture!

How does Apple not get the coolness of Big Green? Apple staffers and most
others seldom miss it.

And welcome to the family of Pismo-owners. It's another brilliant piece of
engineering by Apple. I still run 5 of them, and regard the Pismo as a
truly exquisite -- perhaps uniquely exquisite -- design. It's certainly the
best laptop I've ever owned or used from any manufacturer, since 1988.
Granted it's not the heavy-processing work-horse anymore, as it had been
when it came out, but it's in a class apart overall. So, congratulations.

And wait till you see all the peripheral options you can have for it!

Shalom.

Christian

Pismo: so beautiful, you know you want one!
http://www.ahinfo-systeme.ch/quickime/PowerBook_g3.htm
http://www.lowendmac.com/webb/04/0329.html

Fight Spam. Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/