Re: [NTLK] OMP "AAA" cell orientation / adapter?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat May 02 2009 - 21:29:44 EDT

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Scott Hoffman <hoffo@mac.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
> I'm the proud new owner of an OMP - unfortunately both battery
> packs which came with it had leaked and no good.
> I want to use alkaline "AAA" cells but am not sure of the
> correct orientation - the manual refers to some sort of adapter.
> Along the same lines - does anyone on the list re-cell the old
> packs for these?

OH NOOOOOOO......
Scott my brother it was YOU! who out bid me on that auction....
Ah that's good it was someone i knew - if you had told me I would have not
bid on it and you might have gotten it even cheaper... Argh... sorry :^( Bad
Sonny
Man I wanted that Newton Messaging Card :-(

Frank hasn't done a write up on that one yet and I'm not sure if he will
(FRANK paging Dr. Frank!!!)
If you were careful enough to take it apart it is possible to recell it with
NiCD cells.
I have one taken apart already but no time to do this and not willing to
spend the cash on NiCD's at this time.....

The rechargeable packs are all black except for the contacts.
The Battery Cage is black with two metal plats that lock over the batteries
after they are installed.
You should be able to find some hopefully on eBay but I've not seen any
recently.

Also if you plan to recell get tabbed NiCD AAA batteries...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung