Re: [NTLK] [OT] Is this a video card problem?

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Mar 31 2009 - 02:14:48 EDT

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 3:43 AM, Ian P. Currie <ipcurrie@mac.com> wrote:
> Have tried with external monitor - same thing.

Do you have OS 9 installed on this? Can it boot into OS 9? If so, try
holding down the Option key when you boot, and wait for a list of
bootable disks to pop up. If you still don't see anything, then it is
likely your graphics or monitor, or somewhere between the two.
(actually, you can try this even if you don't have OS 9 installed, as
at least you will know if it's hardware or not) If You can see the
bootable systems, try booting into OS 9, and see if that works. It may
simply be a massive OS corruption of your OS X install.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland