Re: [NTLK] GTD and Omnifocus vs. Newton

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Fri Mar 13 2009 - 14:20:49 EDT

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> The Newton also conforms to concepts revolving around GTD.  The thing I like about the Newton is it is a more focused device than a computer running Omnifocus: inputing To Dos on my computer is overkill, and I am constantly distracted when I am on it.  Sitting down on my Newton and jotting down To Dos is much easier and more focused... which is why I am not giving up my Newton for Omnifocus.  Additionally, consulting Omnifocus is too much like work, like using Email, whereas using the Newton is a friendly break from the daily grind on the computer.

Agreed. I've tried many of the Mac OS X GTD apps incl. OmniFocus,
Things[1], and The Hit List[3] (my favorite, by far), but I still end
up trying to use Nitch[4] on my Newton most of the time because it's
actually always with me. It's not exactly the way I would've written
it, but it's close enough for my taste.

My MacBook Air is always with me too, but even though it's much faster
for data entry it's just not as convenient when out and about. And, as
you noted, I use it for too many other things so I'm distracted as
soon as I open it up.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com