Re: [NTLK] Newton's Law: A Digital Nomad's Guide

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Mar 10 2009 - 07:25:11 EDT

Hello,

--- On Tue, 3/10/09, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Can someone shed some light on the 1993 title differences,
> as well as confirm that Newton's Second Law was
> released? I found a source for the latter but want to be
> sure it is a legitimate book, because I thought I read
> somewhere that it was never released.

AFAIK, it *was* never released.

I know what you're talking about when you refer to a "source" as Amazon does have a listing for it. However, it's my understanding that the book never saw the light of day, despite being assigned an ISBN. As near as I can make out, it was planned to be published, but never actually made it to press.

This thread pretty much covers it:

http://marc.info/?t=109010449000001&r=1&w=2

Or you can look here:

http://isbn.nu/0122916557/

Of course, if Sonya Hipper succeeded in bagging a copy of the Newton 2.0 book, I wouldn't mind being wrong at all. But according to the second link, publication was cancelled.

Best,

James Fraser