Re: [NTLK] Newton holsters [WAS: "Re: i-Poll - update"]

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Tue Jun 30 2009 - 10:10:05 EDT

On 6/29/2009 9:39 AM, Lord Groundhog wrote:
> ~~~ On 2009/06/29 06:35, James Fraser at
> wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk@yahoo.com wrote ~~~
>
>> Yikes. Perhaps it's just as well you didn't end up with a BurroPak:
>>
>> http://the-gadgeteer.com/1998/06/01/pilot_burropak_review/
>>
>> (scroll down to the second and third pictures to see what I'm getting at)
>>
>> ...as I can only guess at the kind of interest and/or excitement *that* kind
>> of rig would generate. ¬ _¬
>

> Wow! Considering what a heavy-handed response you can get on the London
> Underground from wearing a denim jacket, I'd hate to wear something that
> bulky. I'd be glad to have a shoulder holster if it were really
> well-contoured (though I have my doubts that it's possible) -- for when I
> wear a suit and don't want to carry a briefcase or whatever -- but that
> thing looks thick enough to be mistaken for a machine pistol!
>
> I could imagine being regarded as "provocative" and being detained just to
> teach me a lesson. On a good day. Or I could just find myself sent off to
> meet Jean Charles deMenezes ...
>

> Shalom.
> Christian

Actually I always liked the look of the BurroPak and wanted one. But
they are very difficult to find. I found something smilar but a little
bigger (but holds more) called the NewtBoot (not the neroprene case but
a nylon one ironically there was two cases with the same name). They
might even be still available from the manufactuer. If you do a search
all the info should come up. If it doesn't I will do some diging in my
archive. A quick search I found these images posted to the list a while
ago. Gives you a indication of what they are.
http://matthews.feckov.org/NewtBoot/

-Dan