Re: [NTLK] Newton holsters [WAS: "Re: i-Poll - update"]

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Jun 29 2009 - 01:35:54 EDT

Hello,

--- On Sun, 6/28/09, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm making this choice because there are many times when I
> don't need anything but my Newton, and auxiliary bits and pieces are
> irrelevant. If at the same time, I'm wearing a jacket that hangs below
> my waist, I sometimes find I attract attention of the stop-and-frisk
> kind, I suppose because it looks like I'm trying (badly) to conceal
> something.

Yikes. Perhaps it's just as well you didn't end up with a BurroPak:

http://the-gadgeteer.com/1998/06/01/pilot_burropak_review/

(scroll down to the second and third pictures to see what I'm getting at)

...as I can only guess at the kind of interest and/or excitement *that* kind of rig would generate. ¬ _¬

Just out of curiosity, is anyone still using one of these? I thought they were at least somewhat popular when they came out, but perhaps everyone has moved on to something new in the way of carrying contraptions by now?

Best,

James Fraser